Saturday, July 7, 2012

Take a Leap of Faith on Man on a Ledge

I just finished watching Man on a Ledge on DVD last night. It was a fun movie. When I first saw the trailer I didn't have much interest in the movie. Who needs to watch a movie where a I guy stands on a 2 ft ledge for a couple of hours?  But when I learned more about the plot, I thought I would give it a try.

The plot revolves around an escaped convict/ex-cop trying to prove his innocence.   I enjoyed the little twists and turns the movie provided and there were a few suspenseful parts in the movie to keep it interesting. Once you get a feel for the plot, there aren't any real surprises to how the movie ends. I like movies where the good guy wins and there is a happy ending for everyone but the bad guy. If you are looking for a more complicated movie, you will need to look elsewhere.

You could tell that most of the ledge scenes were legitimately filmed about 200 feet in the air which increased the authenticity of the film. Being a person who does not like heights, that definitely added another dimension to the film for me.

If you are looking for a fun DVD to rent, I would take a leap of faith on Man on a Ledge.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recommendation. While it was a trifle bit predictable, it was still entertaining and interesting.
    I'm curious to know if you've seen The Vow. Don't dismiss it as a chick flick. I'm interested in your view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emily, I haven't seen The Vow yet... don't know if I will.

    ReplyDelete