Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Source Code

I just finished watching a good movie: Source Code. I really enjoyed it. There was a good steady pace to the movie and I found myself both encouraging the character to push the boundaries of the system in, and wishing him to stay on target to complete the mission.  In the end (spoiler alert-kinda) there is a happy ending, and I really like that.

I hadn't really seen any previews for this movie, but the people who had seen it said they liked the movie so I put it on my Netflix queue. This is a good, clean movie that allows you to finish the movie happy.

You could say this movie was a combination of Deja-Vu and Groundhog Day.  A person living a day/event over and over again in the attempt to stop a terrorist attack. While doing so, he falls in love with the girl and saves the day.  Of course there is more to the movie than that, but you don't want me to tell you everything do you?

This isn't a complex movie or plot, as I was able to figure out who the bad guy was from the very beginning of the movie.  But I don't think that was the point of the movie.  I think they wanted you to go through this journey with the main character as he tries to find personal peace and prevent this terrorist attack. And, I personally enjoyed that journey.

If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Good review Josh. I thought that Source Code was a thriller that takes a science fiction premise and uses it, not for the sake of splashy effects, but as a doorway into the human soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul - Yours is an interesting ethereal take on a traditionally overly-formulaic Hollywood story. If anything this flaccid cinematic attempt at originality gives us a window into the vapid soul of Hollywood self-obsession and disdain for the neurological makeup of we the unwashed masses. After viewing such tripe I found the need to cleanse my consciousness of it and had to indulge in the much higher levels of visual prose affectionately termed The Office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake Gyllenhal was good in this movie...but I still prefer Cuba Gooding Jr.'s performance in "Radio".

    ReplyDelete