Every once in a while Nicolas Cage will do a really good movie. Unfortunately, that is not the case with Season of the Witch. I won't go as far as say it was a bad movie, it was just average.
Maybe it was the subject witches and how they approached it. I just never did get engaged in this movie. Not to say I wasn't entertained in parts, just overall I didn't really care to be absorbed in the movie, the action or the characters.
The movie was somewhat predictable in that you knew that Cage's co-star buddy was going to die sometime in the film, along with all the other characters in the journey they were taking in the movie. It was just a matter of when and how. Watching a predictable film usually doesn't bother me, and they did mix it up a little from the normal "save the day" formula, so I am not complaining about that part. If you plan to watch the movie, just expect it to be somewhat predictable.
I didn't think the movie was bad, I just thought the movie was OK. Glad I got it on Netflix. Probably wouldn't choose to watch this film again. Needless to say, it was one of Cage's movies that wasn't very good.
Hey man so is it a good film or a bad film? You say it wasn't good but wasn't bad but it's average? You complain about something but then pull back back and say it wasn't too bad? Come on man pick a side! You can't play both sides man! Everyone of your reviews have tons of words but nuthin' to say!
ReplyDeleteIt seems your site is similarly branded as ours (http://www.themoviebanter.com/)and targeted towards the same audience, though your reach seems to be rather meager and impotent. There could be some licensing concerns which may necessitate a different branding approach to your site. A bit of professional advice... how can you expect to expand your audience when you strictly censor any and all interaction with your site? Just my 2 cents... happy blogging.
ReplyDelete@ThesouthShallRiseAgain Thanks for the feedback. I do this mostly for my personal enjoyment, but would like to do a better job for those that visit and want to contribute. I appreciate the feedback and try to make it more entertaining and decisive for you.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to choose, i would say it wasn't a very good. I wouldn't tell someone to go see it,