Tonight, Angela and I went to see the final chapter of the Harry Potter movies. It has been a while since I read the Harry Potter books, so even though I knew what was generally going to happen, I was still able to enjoy the movie with some expectations.
I felt the movie did a very good job portraying Harry Potter and the rest of the characters. I am not a Harry Potter fanatic, so I cannot say how much the movie departed from the book, but from what I remembered in the book, I thought the movie, with the time allotted for the movie, they did a fantastic job staying with the story and covering all the major points.
The movie was available in 3D, but I saw it in 2D. I could tell the parts where the 3D would have added a dimension to the film; however, I didn't think it was critical. I don't think it would be worth the extra money for 3D. Well, unless you are a huge Harry Potter fan, then you probably need to watch it in IMAX and 3D, but chances are you have already done that anyway.
I didn't think the movie was excellent. I thought it was a very good conclusion to the series. It was an enjoyable time with my wife.
So, what is my recommendation? If you have watched the other movies, you need to see the finale for closure. If you haven't watched the movies yet, then I would wait until it comes out on DVD and watch the series in order. Overall, it is a good story, and the films have done a good job covering all the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment