I loved this movie! I know some people didn't like this movie, and I feel bad for them. I laughed and enjoyed every minute of it. Some people thought it was too long. Not me. I could have watched it for another 15-30 minutes, and I hope they come out with an extended edition. So, why did I love this movie? It is a great mix of nostalgia for the toys I had growing up, very good 3D animation, and a lot of action sequences.This was non-stop action, with a lot of explosions, and that is my type of movie.
If you don't know this about me now, you soon will, I am not a plot snob. What I mean by that is if I am watching an action/adventure type movie, such as Transformers 3, I am not watching it for the plot. Sure, there needs to be enough of a plot that you know why the movie is happening and what problem they are trying to solve, but other than that, not much more plot is necessary. Would a stronger plot be better? Sure, everything can be better. But what do they need to develop more? This is the 3rd Transformers movie, so if you have seen the other ones, you already know all the characters and their motivations. What else are you looking for? Do I really need to know the internal motivations of Megatron?
One of the great things about this movie for me, is that the Transformers did a lot more one on one Combat. Optimus Prime, in one scene, had a sword and a battle axe in each hand, and was single-handedly winning the battle. It was so much fun watching him rolling down the street taking out Decepticon after Decepticon. His final scene with Megatron was also classic, and a great way to end this trilogy.
I really enjoy Shia LeBeouf and he didn't disappoint me. He has a great knack for being serious and creating humor at the same time. The level of humor he added wasn't as much as the first Transformers movie, but I thought he did well anyway. I also liked how he played the role of not being able to land a job even though he has saved the world twice, but no one could know about it.
There were several new characters in this movie, one of which was voiced by Leonard Nimoy, of Star Trek fame. In it, Nimoy's character says a line very similar to the line Nimoy's Spock character says in the Star Trek movies. See if you can catch it. That was a fun gem for me.
Megan Fox was replaced in TF3. Admittedly, they could have done a better job of explaining it away then they did, but this movie didn't really lend itself to car or motorcycle repairs either, so I don't know how it would have been any better with her in it. Her replacement was fine, and her acting was a lot better than I was expecting. Most of the trailers I saw of TF3 with her in it, made me very skeptical of her acting ability. Like Megan Fox, her character was mostly eye-candy (though I don't find her that attractive), and she did about as good as a job as Megan Fox did. There wasn't either a downgrade or upgrade in this role in my opinion. I just want to know how Shia LeBeouf's character gets all these hot women?!
If you are looking for a good, fun, loud movie Transformers 3 is the one to see. I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment